Melanoma is a severe form of skin cancer, which is manifested as a dark pigmentation in the skin, eyes and the bowel that is malignant, often leaves the skin scaly and dry.
It is probably the most serious type of skin cancer and, over 50,000 people are diagnosed with Melanoma in the U.S. every year.
The reason a person develops melanoma is not clearly known, but the chances of contracting it are higher in individuals who are exposed to the sun’s UV rays.
If you think that you can reduce the risk of being hit by skin cancer by the application of sunscreen or avoiding sunlight, you are wrong. This malignant tumor appears as a harmless mole, lump, or sore that has no definite shape or color, and it is likely to change as the disease progresses.
Well, deficiency of sunlight can also escalate the chances of melanoma. Vitamin D obtained from sunlight, is used to repair malignant or damaged cells. So, it is necessary to maintain optimum levels by the body.
Causes of Melanoma
- The primary cause is over-exposure to UV rays.
- UV-B rays, are stronger and can cause sunburn, leading to Melanoma
- Tanning beds or salons which are used for the skin tanning can also cause Melanoma
Symptoms of Melanoma
- The appearance of moles and their size changes gradually
- You might observe new spots appearing or there is change in size of existing spots on the skin
- The moles on your skin have irregular shapes and edges
Natural Remedies to Treat Melanoma
Astragalus, also known as ‘Astragalo’ belongs to the legume family. It is most effective and also safest home remedies used for treating Melanoma. Astragalus extract possesses great anti-inflammatory properties and is also a great antioxidant as well. Moreover, it helps in boosting the immune system and restoring the skin to its original texture.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of Astragalus extract powder in a glass of water.
- Allow it to steep. Strain it and drink while it is warm. Continue the process for as long as required.
Brinjal also known eggplant, contains an active phytochemical called Solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides and it is normally found in all plants belonging to the Solanaceae family. This chemical acts on the Melanoma cells and it helps attain a cure. The eggplants have much better effect when consumed raw as they lose part of the medicinal value when cooked. Brinjal is one of the safest natural cures for skin cancer.
- Slice 2 to 3 eggplants and grind them to make a paste. Mix 1 teaspoon of vinegar to the paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas. Repeat the process for as long as required.
Turmeric has been used as folk medicine for ages and possesses excellent antibiotic and antiseptic qualities. It is a wonder spice that has been advocated for treating various illnesses. It works great for the skin as it has several wound healing properties. The antioxidants present in turmeric protects the skin against damage. Turmeric is great to spice and it is used as a natural treatment for skin cancer. It may also be added in your daily cooking.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of organic Turmeric in a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it before bedtime. Repeat the process for a month or so.
4. Green tea
Green tea is loaded with chemicals known as polyphenols that are rich in antioxidant properties. Furthermore, the substance epigallocatechin gallate, present in an abundant amount in green tea, helps arrest the spread of Melanoma. It also destroys the existing cancerous cells. Green tea is considered one of the best natural home remedies for skin cancer.
- Take 1 teaspoon of green tea. Boil it in 1 glass of water in a small bowl.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain it and drink the tea hot. Repeat this process twice daily for a few days.
Also Read: 15 Amazing Health Benefits of Green Tea!
Garlic is an excellent antibiotic and helps in boosting the immune system. It is found to be very effective in protecting the skin. Moreover, along with consuming it raw, the juice extracted from raw garlic can also be applied to the skin as it is very beneficial. Garlic possesses anti-cancer properties that make it great for natural treatment of skin cancer.
- Take three pods of raw garlic. Wash them thoroughly, then peel and crush them to a paste.
- Add this paste to a glass of warm water. Add two teaspoons of pure, organic honey to it.
- Drink this solution twice daily. Continue the process for as long as required.
Acupuncture is believed to be a proven way of treating skin cancer. It is the Chinese traditional method of treatment, which is used for treating various ailments and it works on the principle of locating the nerve responsible for the particular malady and then activating it through a needle prick. It helps reduce the pain and is also good for removing the bad effects of chemotherapy.
Practicing Yoga Asana regularly ensures that good health is maintained throughout. Doing yoga in morning keeps the mind fresh and body in peak condition so that it does not get affected by diseases. Moreover, yoga helps to boost immunity system and it keeps all the organs working to their maximum capacity. There are many yoga asanas that can be performed for curing melanoma.
- You can try PadaHasta Asana or the hand to foot pose
- Do Trikonasana or the triangle pose/ sideways bend
- Try doing the Bhunjagasana or Cobra pose
8. Green and colored veggies
Green leafy vegetables such as spinach have excellent healing properties. They help maintain the levels of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in the body. The tomatoes are rich in Lycopene and Watermelon & carrots are rich in Beta-carotene. Therefore, consuming these vegetables in raw form makes great natural cures for skin cancer. Eat these few vegetables raw – tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers etc.
- Add spinach, sweet potatoes, and other green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Drink spinach juice. Also, have watermelon juice daily.
- Include plenty of tomatoes in your salad.
Beetroots has some amazing curative properties. They are rich in a chemical known as Sanguinarinem. Beetroots were used as medicine for treating digestive disorders in old times and also as an effective antimicrobial agent. Consuming beetroot on regular basis helps cure Melanoma, making it one of the simplest natural cures for skin cancer. However, the diabetes patients should not consume beetroot juice as it leads to increase in the blood glucose levels.
- Take two medium sized beetroots. Wash them. Peel and grate and mix a bit of lemon juice. Eat them raw.
- Alternatively, you can also have beetroot juice.
10. Tea tree oil
Topical application of Tea Tree oil helps in attaining an early cure in melanoma. The Terpinen-4 oils present in this oil work on the cancerous cells and help in repairing the skin. Tea tree oil also has an invigorating effect on the immune system and it enhances the growth of new tissues.
- Take 1 or 2 teaspoons of undiluted Tea Tree Oil.
- Apply it on the affected areas and sit for two to three hours.
- Repeat the process twice daily for few weeks.
Tips to remember
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try wear full sleeves clothes.
- Wear sunglasses and hat when you step out in sun.
- Apply sunscreen before stepping out in sun.