Are you going mad with severe itching in the body? Is it around your dentures or under your breast? Do you feel your skin has area going red and itchier? Well, there are chances that you might be suffering from yeast infection.
Yeast infection, also known as Candida, is caused by the yeast called Candida albicans. It can develop in and around lower abdomen, nails, vagina, dentures under the breasts, and a body part that has skin folds.
Candida albicans is normally found in small amounts in the human body. It is present in the intestinal tract, genitals, and throat. But sometimes certain medicines or health issues can cause more yeast to grow, particularly in warm, moist body areas.
There are certain factors that can increase the risk of getting a yeast infection in women are pregnancy, chronic health conditions, use of oral contraceptives, stress, and antibiotics. Babies generally suffer from Thrush (mouth yeast infection).
There are several types of candida infections. Treatment depends on where the infection and what is the condition. In the case of severe conditions, it is better to see a doctor.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
Constant uncontrollable itching (private area or around other skin areas, that you just cannot stop/control, no matter how hard you try?
- Vaginal Thrush or Oral Thrush
- Discharge (cottage cheese like, constantly)
- Smelly down there? (fish like smell sometimes)
- Painful intercourse (could be burning pain during/after sex, fear of having sex because of the pain thus no sex)
- Constant uneasiness (from everything or due to pain)
- Odor (including bad breath, body odor even if you take shower and look after your hygiene?)
- Frequent urination
- Bloating (feeling always bloated no matter what you eat?)
- Skin rashes
- Irritation in private part and skin
- Nail fungus
- Burning sensation (around private part)
- Unexplained Fatigue
- Joint Pains even if you are relaxing all day
- Unexplained Cravings
- Abdominal pain without any known reason
- Athlete foot
- Digestive problems even if you are eating healthy
- Constipation which lasts 4-8 days
- Brain Fog/Temporary Memory loss
- Difficulty to focus
- Mood swings
- Mucus in stool
- Unexplained Headaches
- Swelling of legs, joints, other body parts
- Dry mouth even after drinking water regularly
- Unexplained Weight gains and weight loss
But during initial stages of these infections you can try some home remedies to stop the infection there only. Also, these remedies can prevent from developing these fungal infections.
Discover 12 Highly Effective Home Remedies to Cure Yeast Infection:
One of the easiest ways to deal with this infection is to wash the area as frequently as possible. It will even knock out the infection if it is inside the vagina. Yeast infections are transferable. Maintain a space from your family or friends to keep them safe. Keep separate towels and bath essentials. Wash your clothes in hot water to ensure that no germs are on your clothes. Mix a cup of white vinegar into the water while rinsing. This perfectly eradicates all viruses and germs.
You know how yogurt helps to treat your hair or skin problems. Moreover, you can also treat yeast infections with plain yogurt. Don’t add sugar in the yogurt as sugar feeds yeast infection. Having yogurt after or with your meals aids to your digestion and also deal with the yeast infection. To apply in the vagina, dip a tampon in yogurt and rub on the outside of the genital area. Rest it for some time and wipe it before it starts itching.
3. Stay dry
Yeast infections occur in moist and warm conditions. To get rid of the infection keep the infected area clean and dry as possible. The dry infected area with a clean towel properly after a bath. Go for an underwear that is of cotton, allowing you to breathe and relax, basically little loose.
The antifungal, antibacterial components present in garlic are highly effective in treating yeast infection. Allicin has powerful antimicrobial properties can reduce the amount of mycotoxins (fungal toxins) released by certain fungi. Apply the garlic paste directly onto the affected skin area and wash after 5 min. eat fresh garlic cloves daily. It is very effective in treating yeast infections.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is also good for treating yeast infections. Mic ACV with the bath water. Do a regular bath and surely it will eradicate the infection. There are few things you must keep in mind while picking out vinegar for the yeast is that is must be natural and very less processed. Do not use white vinegar as it feeds the yeast rather than killing it.
6. Tea tree oil
Dilute tea tree oil and apply on the affected area to treat yeast infection. Don’t use tea tree oil without dilution because it is very strong and can hurt the infected area.
7. Baking soda
If you have a yeast infection in your dentures then you can try baking soda and water as toothpaste. Apply this paste on affected area and brush it gently. Rinse off with warm water mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Once the infection gets eradicated throw the toothbrush. Do not use it again.
8. Herbal mix
You can gargle with basil tea also. You can also add maple syrup to it. If this is done regularly, the yeast infection in your dentures will surely vanish. If you have severe itching, then dab the area with cotton soaked in rosemary tea.
9. Boric acid
It is a great mild antiseptic. A perfect home remedy used for treating yeast infections. This acid is famous for antifungal properties it possesses. You get boric acid from your nearby pharmacies. Take advice from your doctors before applying it, especially in the case of pregnant, breastfeeding women.
10. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is good for treating fungal infections. It has antifungal properties that kill fungi. Apply oil on the affected area at least 3 times a day. In the case of oral infection, swish the oil in your mouth for five to 10 minutes. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to it and apply. Do not swallow.
Cranberries are of great use. They have antibacterial and antifungal properties. They fight fungal infections and can also treat urinary tract or any other kind of bladder infections. Have unsweetened cranberry juice several times a day. This speeds up the healing process. You can also have cranberry tablets. You can find them on pharmacy store.
Cinnamon has antifungal properties which help treat the infections. Mix cinnamon bark powder with honey. Apply this paste on the vagina. Else, boil one cinnamon stick in a cup of water. Add lime juice and honey to it. Drink it daily.
- Keep your vaginal area dry as possible.
- Wipe vaginal area thoroughly after using the toilet.
- Do yoga and meditation.
- Have probiotics.
- Keep away from sugar and caffeine intake.
- Wear loose clothes, preferably cotton clothes to maintain air circulation.
- Change your daily beauty soap with a soap that has medicinal properties.
- Please avoid sexual intercourse for the time you are suffering from the vaginal infection as it can spread to your partner and also not good for your health.
- Also, avoid taking birth control pills.
- Avoid your long baths.
- Drink as much water as you can. Water flushes out the toxins and can help you relieve from infection soon.
- Stay from alcohol.
- Avoid your bubble baths, deodorants.