Among an extensive diversity of vaginal infections, bacterial vaginosis seems to be the most popular. As far as many people are concerned, not only “bad” bacteria but also “good” bacteria do survive in the vaginal area. Not until the number of “good” bacteria and “bad one becomes unbalanced will bacterial vaginosis takes place. Some common discomforts accompanying with this phenomenon can be listed as excessive vaginal discharge, uncomfortable vaginal smell, itchiness as well as painful feeling during the urinating time. According to many professional doctors, bacterial vaginosis mainly results from the above-mentioned reason. Additionally, some other factors which can increase the danger of going down with bacterial vaginosis are smoking or even having a new sex partner.
It is believed that people don’t need to care much about bacterial vaginosis as it will appear and disappear quickly. However, it is highly recommended that you get rid of this problem right from its beginning. In this article, we will focus on providing you guys with some simple and natural treatments for bacterial vaginosis. These ingredients can help you to fight against bacterial vaginosis without too much time, effort and money.
Natural Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
No one can deny that apple cider vinegar is a common ingredient appearing in the recipe for treating a variety of health ailments and bacterial vaginosis is not the exception. Loading with a considerable amount of natural acid, apple cider vinegar will be responsible for balancing pH level inside the vaginal area, aiding in moving bacterial vaginosis away.
- Prepare your warm bathing water
- Add 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar into it
- Let yourself slip into the mixture for 20 minutes
- Have your vaginal area dry by padding it
- Repeat the process 2-3 times daily
Yogurt lovers should be really happy when hearing this news as they can add one more reason to consume their favorite food more frequently. Facts have shown that yogurt is a valuable source of lactobacillus – a key factor in the process of getting rid of bacterial vaginosis. More particularly, lactobacillus makes a significant contribution to removing bad bacteria as well as keeping pH level inside the vaginal area in check.
- Have a cotton ball inserted into plain yogurt
- Gently let it stay in your affected area
- Leave it on 30-45 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Do like this 3 times a day until you witness better outcome
3. Tea Tree Oil
Another amazing home remedy for bacterial vaginosis should be tea tree oil. In reality, tea tree oil is a perfect combination of antibacterial and antifungal qualities, making it an ideal choice to eliminate the germs which are blamed for bacterial vaginosis. Moreover, tea tree oil can do exceptionally well at removing that unwanted smell in your vaginal area.
- Dilute some tea tree oil, using warm water by 1:10 ratio
- Stir them well to get a perfect mixture
- Rinse off your vagina by this solution
- Keep doing like this during 3-4 weeks
More than a common cooking ingredient, garlic can turn into a simple yet effective natural cure for bacterial vaginosis. For long, people have made use of antibiotic nature of garlic to say goodbye to bacterial vaginosis. What’s more, it is the antifungal properties in garlic which are capable of flushing out bad bacteria.
- Get 3-4 cloves of garlic ground
- Cover your affected area with them
- Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off with warm water
- Follow this habit during 2-3 weeks
It is said that one of the most popular applications of fenugreek is in people with bacterial vaginosis. By keeping pH level inside the vaginal area in check, fenugreek consumption may aid in killing harmful germs. In addition, fenugreek can act as an immunity booster, thus, it can shorten bacterial vaginosis considerably.
- Have 3-4 spoons of fenugreek soaked into warm water
- Leave them on overnight
- In the next morning, let’s drink the water with your empty stomach
Or else, you can choose to follow these steps:
- Get a mixture of yogurt and fenugreek by 1:2 ratio
- Eat them 2-3 times a day
- Do like this repeatedly until you get a satisfactory outcome
We all know that bacterial vaginosis is common, but it is so uncomfortable that you might need to get rid of that quickly before it starts to take a negative impact on your daily life. Also never rely on chemical products on this issue, even though it might be quick, there is always a side effect. That is why you need those natural ingredients as well as some patient, then the chance is you might never see bacterial vaginosis ever again.
Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis [Infographic]