Oh! What a lovely morning with a cup of coffee in hand and reading the newspaper sitting on the lawn. Obviously, you are addicted to that morning coffee cup as it’s your morning energizer.
Also with your friends when you lick your mustache formed by coffee. There are plenty of memories you make with your coffee cup.
But do you know that there is much more that coffee holds besides being an energizer? Yes, coffee is a precious addition to our kitchen shelves due to a number of reasons like- treating your puffy eyes, helping you nourish your hairs, coloring your hairs and a lot more.
Ummm, don’t know about the boys but yes girls really would love these benefits of coffee.
So, let’s delve deep into this mug of cappuccino and understand how coffee is actually great for our skin, hair, and health. Sounds good! Now you’ll get more coffee from the store. So read down there the amazing benefits of coffee, particularly the beauty benefits.
1. Reduces Puffy Eyes
Everyone wants to have a beautiful morning just like the ads we see. With a big smile and glowing face. But when you see your face in mirror…wait! What’s wrong with my eyes, why they look so dull and puffy?
Under-eye dark circles and puffiness are a common beauty complaint which is caused by lack of sleep, genetics and fluid retention. So as a remedy for your puffy eyes, just steal a little coffee from your morning cup.
- Apply chilled coffee grounds to your under-eye area. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and rinse well. The anti-inflammatory properties present in caffeine constrict the blood vessels, resulting in a reduction of under-eye swelling.
- Or, infuse 1 teaspoon of ground coffee in 2 tablespoons of almond oil and leave for 4 days. Then strain out the oil into a bowl using a cheesecloth. Add 2 drops of vanilla extract. Now, using a dropper, transfer this serum into a 10 ml roller bottle. Roll this under each eye before going to bed and when you wake up to reduce puffiness.
2. Clears the cellulite
Caffeine is known to reduce cellulite because of its stimulant properties. It helps to stimulate the circulation of blood and lymph in the body which helps in transport of toxins and wastes to the sites of elimination. The coffee scrub can be used to break up old fat cells which accumulate to form cellulite.
- Mix 1 cup of organic coffee grounds, ½ cup of liquid coconut oil, and 1 tsp. cinnamon powder in a mason jar. Use about 1-2 tbsp. of this mixture to vigorously scrub cellulite prone areas in the shower.
3. Exfoliates Scalp
Fed up with your dandruff, dry scalp and following those shampoo ads. Nothing works? Keep calm and use coffee.
Coffee works great in exfoliating your scalp when it is clogged up and grimy. It can also help to scrub off the dandruff flakes, making your scalp clean and fresh.
- Take a bowl and mix up 1 tbsp. ground coffee, 1 tbsp. sugar, and enough coconut oil to make a soft but gritty mixture. Scrub this mixture onto your scalp then wash your hair as usual.
4. Beautiful feet
Do you remember that ad crack cream where lady feels shy to take off her shoes when trying for sandals? Really, who likes those dry, cracked feet? So don’t worry you can easily heel your feet by coffee. Make this foot beautifying scrub to moisturize your feet and soften cracked heels.
- Make a rough paste by mixing up 1 tbsp. of ground coffee and enough coconut oil to it. Prepare a warm tub of hot soapy water and immerse your feet in it. While your feet are soaking, use this scrub on them in circular motions gently. You can use a brush also, to help with the exfoliation.
5. Treating chapped lips
Make your pout look sexier by those beautiful lips. You can get it by using your favorite coffee. Prepare a coffee-infused lip balm to make your lips soft and kissable again!
- Mix 2 tsp. of ground coffee in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and leave for 2 – 4 days. In a boiler, melt 2 tbsp. of cocoa butter and 1 tbsp. of the coffee-infused oil until liquefied. Then to this mixture, add 5 drops of vanilla extract and voila. Yayyy! Your coffee lip balm is ready. Just pour it into ChapStick tubes and apply whenever needed!
- Or, before applying matte lipsticks and glosses- mix ½ teaspoon honey with ½ teaspoon used coffee grounds to create a smooth lip scrub. Gently rub this mixture on your lips in a circular motion for 30 seconds, and then remove it using a wet washcloth. Following the at-home lip fix, apply an emollient balm to protect your pucker.
6. Radiant skin
You can get radiant, glowing skin using coffee. It helps remove toxins and also deep cleans the pores. Coffee tightens the pores and shrinks them which gives you a flawless and youthful skin. To rejuvenate healthy, glowing skin, you just need two ingredients—antioxidant-rich coffee grounds and fatty-acid rich olive oil.
- Mix two tablespoons of used coffee grounds with two tablespoons of olive oil. Gently massage this blend onto your facial skin, avoiding the eye area. Sit for 30 seconds and then remove with a wet washcloth. Make sure to pat the remaining olive oil into the skin to impart moisture.
- Or, brew some coffee and pour it in ice cube tray. Freeze it. Take out the coffee ice cubes and wrap in a hanky and dab on your face.
7. Enhance hair color
You love to color your hair but always stop because of those harsh chemicals in it. But why worry when coffee is here. Enjoy that brunette hair color without the use of chemicals by just crafting a simple coffee grounds conditioning treatment.
- Mix 1 teaspoon or 2, depending on the thickness and length of your hair of cooled coffee grounds into a handful of conditioner. Apply it to your recently shampooed hair. Let it sit for 5 minutes only. Then rinse thoroughly with cool water to seal the hair cuticle. The temporary stain is not recommended on lighter hair colors.