What are Dark Spots?
Dark Spots, also known as age spots or black spots are patches that can appear almost anywhere on your skin like neck, shoulders, arms, face etc. The Color vary from Brown, Reddish to even Black.
Dark Spots are not anything Alarming but they sure Ruin your beauty and you will definitely want to get rid of these.
What are the Causes of Dark Spots?
These Dark spots on your face which are also called Hyperpigmentation are actually because of over production of Melanin Pigments in some areas of your skin. The reason behind these can be:
- Spending too much time in the sun without applying enough sunscreen might cause your skin to increase the production of melanin. This is the body’s Natural response to protect itself from the harmful UV rays, which in turn leads to increase in the number of dark spots on your face.
- Changes in Hormone levels i.e. fluctuations in the production of estrogen and progesterone when you are pregnant, intake of birth control pills, or going through menopause can lead to uneven melanin production. Exposure to sunlight activates the secretion of melanin in these spots, causing dark spots.
- Removing facial hair by tweezing, waxing, or using depilatory creams might cause skin inflammation. This later leads to discoloration of skin in those areas.
- Scars that left behind by pimples, injuries, or surgery can also evolve into dark spots, instead of gradually fading away.
- Aging might also be a reason for dark spots because as you age, your skin cells do not reproduce as easily as they do in your youth. Thus, it becomes difficult for your skin to repair damaged areas and get rid of discolored spots.
Your Face is the First thing People Notice and You definitely can not afford to roam around with dark spots on your face. You can always hide them with makeup but why not get rid of them permanently by addressing their root cause.
How To get Rid of Dark Spots Naturally
1. Apply Lemon juice on Dark Spots
Lemon juice is a great way to remove dark spots. It helps to lighten skin color. However, its concentrated form can be pretty harsh on your skin. So, don’t apply lemon juice directly over your skin. Use water to dilute the solution.
Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon in a clean bowl. Add equal parts of clean, filtered water to the lemon juice. Use a cotton ball to apply the solution all over your face. Leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash off with water.
Do not use soap to wash.
2. Apply Lemon Juice And Yogurt Face Mask
The cleansing property of yogurt and bleaching effect of the lemon juice create the combined result of lightening your dark spots and also brighten your skin. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon in a clean bowl and add 1 tbsp. of yogurt to it and mix well. Apply the paste all over your face. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon in a clean bowl and add 1 tbsp. of yogurt to it and mix well. Apply the paste all over your face. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
3. Apply Vitamin E Oil directly on Dark Spot
Vitamin E oil reduces the appearance of a variety of skin discoloration problems, especially dark spots. These properties make it one of the vital ingredients found in many skin care products.
Vitamin E being an antioxidant, targets free radicals that are responsible for aging and discoloration and it helps to repair the damaged cells.
Furthermore, the oil does not need to be mixed with any other ingredients, you can apply directly on your skin.
The key components of potato – starch and sugar, work their combined exfoliating magic to remove dead skin cells. They also aid in the growth of new ones. Vitamin B6, vitamin C, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium – minerals that rejuvenate the collagen production in your skin – are also found in this vegetable.
A potato is a storehouse of minerals that work together to provide plenty of skin care benefits.
You can apply potato slices on your dark spots, combine potato juice with lemon or can use with honey also.
The lactic acid found in buttermilk is a type of alpha hydroxyl acid that helps in the removal of dead skin cells from your face and lightens your dark spots. Buttermilk is actually the sour liquid that is left behind after butter has been churned out of the milk. You can apply raw buttermilk directly on your dark spots, or you can mix buttermilk and tomato juice and then apply on your skin. Buttermilk and tomato both have bleaching properties that can give you quicker results.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a solution to every health problem. Aloe gel contains 90% of the amino acids found in our body, in addition to vitamin A, B, C, and E. moreover, beta-carotene is also found in this miracle plant. This plant has miraculous anti-aging and skin nourishing properties.
It provides quick depigmentation, removes dark spots, and treats sunburn. Also, this wonder plant has analgesic and antiseptic properties. Aloe Vera works excellently as a moisturizer.
Well, this is way too much goodness packed into one little plant. The list of benefits can go long. Apply aloe gel directly over your spots to get relief.
7. Sweet almond oil
Almonds are loaded with vitamins A, B2, B6, D, E, unsaturated fatty acids, phytosterols, and oleic and linoleic acids. Almond oil is non-greasy and absorbs quickly, and is also not too heavy on the skin thus, making it a great companion for anyone with sensitive skin. Thus, it proves that almond oil is great for reducing dark spots, blemishes, and any other unwanted pigmentation.
Moreover, it acts as an effective sunscreen, protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Oatmeal can also serve more than a healthy breakfast. It can also be a great addition to your regular skin care routine and as it acts as a weapon against those dark spots. The saponins it contains makes it a great exfoliating and cleansing agent, scrubbing away dead skin cells effectively.
The anti-inflammatory nature of oatmeal helps to soothe irritation and treats acne, scars, and also dark spots. It can balance the oil content in your skin, which makes it beneficial for both oily and dry skin types. Prepare a mask of oatmeal, honey and milk to apply on dark spots.
The exfoliation provided by the oatmeal, bleaching by the lactic acid in the milk and the moisturization by honey works excellently in removing dark spots. Mix 3 tablespoon of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon milk in a bowl. Make a paste. Apply this face pack all over your face and leave it. Let it dry completely and then wash off with clean water.
Mix 3 tablespoon of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon milk in a bowl. Make a paste. Apply this face pack all over your face and leave it. Let it dry completely and then wash off with clean water.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and aids in removing dark spots from your face. Well, using turmeric alone may seem daunting as it is highly pigmented yellow color. here are a few ways in which you can use Turmeric.
- Turmeric, Lemon Juice, And Milk– Mix ½ teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of milk in a bowl. Apply this thin paste all over your face and gently massage the paste on the areas affected by dark spots. After 15 minutes wash off with clean water.
- Turmeric, Yogurt, And Olive Oil– Mix ½ teaspoon turmeric, 1 ½ tablespoons yogurt, and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a bowl. Apply the paste all over your face and gently massage the dark spots areas. Wash off with clean water after 20 minutes.
Hope these will help you to get rid of Dark Spots. Do Try and Share your results with us.