Essential oils seem to be one of the most effective ways to keep your hair healthy and growing smoothly without touching a single drop of chemical – based shampoos and other medications. Whether you want to thicken your hair, get rid of dandruff or improve your overall hair health, essential oils count a considerable rank in the list of hair care products.
They not only nourish your hair but essential oils when used can relieve stress, reduce anxiety as well as inhibit depression.
Lavender has been indicated to possess hair growth – boosting properties. Plus, packed with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, lavender essential oil can fight bacteria and fungus. Moreover, lavender essential oil can be used to significantly soothe the scalp and reduce dryness in your hair.
- Apply the oil after washing your hair 3 – 4 times a week.
Peppermint oil can regulate the scalp, get rid of dandruff or lice thanks to its strong antiseptic properties. Plus, packed with pleasant cooling properties, when applied, peppermint oil can energize your mind, improve your mood and soothe tension. Also, those suffer from wisdom tooth pain can seek for peppermint to reduce pain as well.
- Mix several drops of peppermint oil to your hair conditioner or shampoo and use it as usual.
This is an excellent essential oil to improve hair especially enhance hair growth as it can add shine as well as softness to the hair while smoothing your scalp as well.
- Create a combination of 5 drops chamomile essential oil with some sea salt and baking soda
- Add some water to make a paste
- Apply the paste on your hair equally
- Massage your hair so that the paste can penetrate into your hair
- Keep it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Rosemary oil is the best oil to improve hair thickness as well as hair growth. It can be used to boost cellular metabolism, regulate hair growth as well as promote the healing process. When it comes to improving your overall hair health, rosemary oil can fight off baldness, slow down graying progress as well as get rid of dandruff.
- Mix 3 – 5 drops of rosemary oil with another carrier oil like olive oil
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and massage
- Let it sit for several hours and rinse off with water thoroughly again.
5. LEMONGRASS OIL
Packed with healing properties, it works best as a cleanser and deodorizer. Moreover, it can boost your hair follicles health and relieve an irritated and itchy scalp. And it is considered as a natural bug repellant to reduce stress and relieve anxiety.
- Mix some lemongrass oil with your shampoo or your hair conditioner
- Alternatively, use the oil to massage your hair in order to reduce stress and improve your hair health.
Cedarwood is usually used to regulate the hair follicles by raising circulation to the scalp. Moreover, it can boost hair growth and reduce hair loss process as well. Plus, it can help you get rid of thinning hair and multiple kinds of alopecia.
When used, cedarwood that can reduce skin irritations as well as repel bugs is highly beneficial on summer nights when you want to do outdoor activities.
- Cedarwood essential oil should be mixed with some other gentle oils such as lavender or coconut oil before applied on the scalp directly
- Remember to massage your hair after applying.
7. CLARY SAGE
Clary sage can help you soothe stress, reduce anxiety and balance hormones.
- When used with jojoba oil, clary sage can maximize its health benefits to stimulate oil production of your skin so that it can help you keep flaky patches at bay.
- In order to reduce stress, you can use clary sage in a diffusion or apply a few drops on your wrists, temples or your feet as well.
This essential oil is armed with refreshing qualities that are well known for regulating blood circulation, solving female problems, fading varicose veins, getting rid of respiratory problems and other issues. Plus, it can improve blood circulation in the hair follicles, therefore boost hair growth.
- Apply it before going to sleep and massage your hair
- Wash off in the next morning.
Also known as red thyme, this is a herb which has been used in medicinal aspect for a long time by ancient Romans, Egyptians, and Greeks. It’s amazing and powerful fungicides and bactericides can ward off germs and harmful bacteria associated with dandruff, inflammation and scalp irritation.
- You can apply the thyme oil after washing your hair and let it sit for half an hour before rinsing off with water again
This sweet essential oil is packed with a powerful and great stimulant that can help you regulate blood circulation and improve hair health. Moreover, it can be used to encourage luscious and thick hair development. It is a medicinal herb that can fight off irritated and inflamed scalp conditions such as fungal infection or dandruff. Basil also makes a great home remedy for dizziness.
- Apply the oil directly on the scalp and massage so that the oil can penetrate into your hair
- Keep it overnight
- Wash off in the next morning.